Lifeline is a federally funded program that provides a monthly discount on phone or internet service to eligible households. Customers may qualify by participating in one of the following programs or be below the Federal Poverty Guidelines:
Qualifying for Lifeline
STEP ONE: Qualify thru National Verifier
APPLY ONLINE: Go to National Verifier at CheckLifeline.org/lifeline OR click the link to National Verifier at the top of this page. You must have the ability to scan and upload supporting documentation if requested.
APPLY by MAIL: Send your completed Lifeline application, Household worksheet and copies of your proof of eligibility to the Lifeline Support Center at:
Lifeline Support Center
PO Box 7081
London, KY. 402742
- TO EXPEDITE YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE USE BLACK INK, CAPITAL LETTERS AND PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.
- THE STATE OF ALASKA IS CONSIDERED TRIBAL LANDS, PLEASE INITIAL ALL NINE BOXES ABOVE YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE APPLICATION.
- PAPER APPLICANTS – ON PAGE 3, PLEASE MARK THE BOX ASKING IF YOU LIVE ON TRIBAL LANDS.
USAC will contact you by email from Lifelinesupport@usac.org OR mail from USAC Lifeline Support Center once your application has been reviewed.
NATIONAL VERIFIER ASSISTANCE & APPLICATION STATUS: Email: LifelineSupport@usac.org
STEP TWO: Sign up for MTA services
ONCE YOU ARE QUALIFIED: Come to your local MTA office OR call our Customer Service in the:
Mat-Su (907) 745-3211
Eagle River (907) 694-3211
Or other areas (800) 478-3211
Hearing Impaired? Call TTY (907) 761-2188.
INFORMATION MTA WILL NEED TO CONFIRM YOUR LIFELINE STATUS:
- Full Legal Name as entered in National Verifier
- Date of Birth
- Last four of your SS#
- Your address EXACTLY as it was entered into the system, including spaces, abbreviations and punctuation.
- Name of participating programs that makes you eligible for Lifeline and current supporting documentation.
EX: Medicaid card, Denali Kid Care Card, Alaska Quest Card.
*Some restrictions and conditions apply. Does not include taxes and surcharges. Visit an MTA store or www.mtasolutions.com for a Lifeline application. Go to www.lifelinesupport.org for information on getting started with Lifeline. Lifeline is a government benefit program. Consumers who willfully make false statements in order to obtain the benefit can be punished by fine, imprisonment or can be barred from the program. Only eligible consumers may enroll in the program; documentation is necessary for enrollment; and the program is limited to one benefit per household.