MTA Internet Self-Install Guide
Wiring Set Up
- Install a filter on all devices in the home that uses the same phone line as your Internet. This may include phones, security systems, and satellite TV receivers. Modems do not need filters.
- Plug in the power for the modem.
- If you have a router, plug in the power for the router.
- Plug a phone cord into a wall jack and plug the other end into the modem’s LINE port.
- Plug an Ethernet cord into the modem’s LAN port. If you have a router, plug the other end into the router’s INTERNET port. If you do not have a router, plug the other end into your computer’s ETHERNET port.
- If you have a router, take a second Ethernet cord and plug it into the router’s 1 port. Then plug the other end into your computer’s ETHERNET port.
That completes your wiring.
Creating a New Connection
Whether you are connecting your computer directly to our modem to setup a broadband connection or setting up a wireless router, the principles are the same. MTA uses PPPoE as a connection type that requires your username and password to connect. In order to connect your router to MTA Internet, you must log into the router and configure it for PPPoE, followed by typing in your DSL username and password.
If you would like to speak to one of our Support Center representatives, please contact us at 907-745-6821.