Internet Speed Test
To measure your MTA Internet upload and download speeds, Enable FLASH on your computer when promoted and run an Internet Speed Test. A speed performance test is a good way to check the data upload and download speeds you’re currently receiving.
After the speed test, if you find that your speeds are slower than expected, maximize your performance by checking the following.
- Verify nothing is currently being downloaded or uploaded on any device connected to your internet.
- Verify that you are not currently streaming video on any of the following devices:
- Game Consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
- Mobile Phones
- Other Smart Home Devices
- Check router Wi-Fi security, and/or disable guest networks.
- For the most accurate internet speed test, use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to the router, prior to running the test.
If you would like to speak to one of our Support Center representatives, please contact us at 907-745-6821.