Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) 2017 Scholarship
Applications must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS), in cooperation with NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association, seeks to sustain and enhance the quality of life in America by advancing an understanding of rural issues. Through its various programs and initiatives, FRS strongly supports the continuing education of rural youth.
- In 2017, FRS will award scholarships per geographic region of the NTCA membership and one sponsored by an NTCA associate member. The awards will be distributed proportionate to the number of applications received per region. FRS will fund $2,000 of each scholarship, with the sponsoring organization of each winning student providing a $500 match.
- Four $5,000 Staurulakis Family Scholarships will be awarded, with a preference to students who are majoring in math, science, engineering or medicine.
- Two $1,500 TMS scholarships will be awarded to students.
- One $7,000 Everett Kneece Return to Rural America Scholarship will be awarded.
Click here to download the FRS Scholarship Application
How do you apply?
- Applicants must be an active member of MTA, or a dependent of an active MTA member, who resides in MTA’s service area to receive the Sponsor Certification.
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be sponsored by a current NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association member.
- Be accepted by an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
- Have at least a C grade point average (GPA).
- Express an interest to return to a rural community following graduation.
- Click here to download the application.
- Have an MTA executive sign your Sponsor Certification as soon as you complete the first page of your application (name, phone number and parent/guardian name).
- To arrange for MTA Sponsor Certification, contact Tracy Ressler at (907) 761-2608 or Vera Hershey at (907) 761-2639 no later than Monday, February 27, 2017.
- Complete and send in the rest of the application with all required documents.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
For more information, please visit the FRS website